I’ve seen people lose weight on vacation and, conversely, come back 15 lbs heavier – it’s a choice … choose wisely for your optimal health.
Every day is a fresh one to be your best self no matter where you go in the world.
- Move your body for at least an hour per day on your trip – at the gym or in a class. Remember, long walks are just icing on the cake of your fitness program, and you can outeat any fitness program, as mentioned in my book YogaLean.
- Wear black clothing – you won’t show sweat on long walks, plus you will feel sleek and stylish – check out YogaFit’s selection here. Save 10% on all anniversary merchandise with code TRAVEL2023. Bring a hoodie sweatshirt – plane rides can be excruciatingly cold.
- Listen to relaxation music and meditate every day to reduce stress- especially on the airplane.
- Limit your intake of bread, pasta, rice, and cereal.
- Consider skipping breakfasts for intermittent fasting – especially if it’s a typical hotel breakfast – save your calories for the good local food and drinks.
- Check out the local fitness offerings at every destination.
- Bring a rehydrator (electrolytes) in small packages – great for avoiding heatstroke and for hangovers – I had to administer water with salt and lemon to several less fit people on our trip to the Moroccan desert who were suffering from heatstroke.
- Do YogaFit and bodyweight exercises in your room. Inversions are great for jet lag and hangovers. Subscribe to our YogaFit Instructor Network for on-demand classes all over the world.